- Fun and engaging restaurant brand!
- Lead and develop a fantastic team
Nando’s operates across the Zimbabwe. We are famous for our flame-grilled chicken and PERI-PERI flavour. We are always on the lookout for loud, happy and excited team members; experience is always an asset however we train skill and hire attitude to match our dynamic brand.
The position of Assistant Patrão requires you to assist the Patrão with management and building of a strong and productive team who consistently deliver the Nando's Experience and ultimately contribute to the growth of the store by means of increased sales and customer count.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Occupational Health and Safety:
- Assist with opening and closing procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Highlighting operations, repairs and maintenance of all store equipment.
- Assist in completion of documentation on monthly basis.
- Maintain a clean and hygienic working environment at all times according to Nando's procedures and external hygiene Audit Company.
Day to Day Operational Requirements:
- Reinforce and uphold all policies and procedures as well as ensure that all staff meet standards regarding uniforms, shift attendance and/or grooming.
- Follow the correct policies and procedures with regards to financial controls including cash ups, drops, floats, shortages, over-rings, voids etc.
- Assist the Patrão with maintaining stock levels including the placing of any orders, daily stock count, monthly stock count, issues, receipts, stock rotation and the effective implementation of the F.I.F.O system
- Communicate all anticipated costs to the Patrão in order to assist with the controlling of expenses.
- Attend and reinforce all issues deriving from monthly staff meetings.
- Assist with the completion of shift rosters.
- Assist with the completion of all salary and attendance ensuring that all procedure are followed by recording and confirming all related issues including attendance registers, overtime, sick leave, annual leave and absenteeism.
- Ensure that any in store job applications are completed in accordance with laid down employment policies and procedures to assist the Patrão in selecting prospective Nando's employees.
- Assist with the implementation of the stores local marketing plan to promote sales and increase the stores customer base.
- Maintain the condition of all in-store point of sale items and décor and ensure that procedures with regards to condiment preparation are completed daily.
- Assisting Patraos in implementing and executing regional initiatives and local marketing.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Hands-on experience in a similar service environment;
- A strong work ethic;
- Great customer service, communication and people skills;
- Proven experience in growing sales and GP;
- Working knowledge of OH&S and food safety procedures.
Culture & Benefits:
- A thorough industry training program;
- Future personalised career progression;
- Team of great people following our values of Pride, Passion, Courage, Integrity and Family
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the Nando’s Family, Apply now by submitting your cover letter and resume to the following email address, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, It seems our ads are as popular as our chicken and due to the high volume of applications we receive - only successful candidates will be contacted.