- Fun and engaging restaurant brand!
- Lead and develop a fantastic team
Nando’s operates across Zimbabwe. We are famous for our flame-grilled chicken and PERI-PERI flavour. We are always on the lookout for loud, happy and excited team members; experience is always an asset however we train skill and hire attitude to match our dynamic brand.
The position of Patrão requires you to develop a motivated team who follow laid down policies and procedures to consistently deliver the Nando's Experience and ultimately contribute to the growth of the store by means of increased sales and customer count.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Occupational Health and Safety:
- Adhere to opening and closing procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Proper operations, repairs and maintenance of all store equipment.
- Completion of operational documentation on monthly basis.
- Implementation of Emergency procedures.
Day to Day Operational Requirements:
- Consistently deliver and uphold the 4 basic behaviors of customer care when dealing with suppliers, colleagues, employees and customers.
- Interaction with customers over peak periods is a must.
- Follow laid down procedures with regards to financial controls including cash ups, drops, floats, shortages, over-rings, voids etc.
- Purchasing stock from authorized suppliers.
- Every menu item is to be available in the restaurant.
- Accurate recording and management of Sales & Gross Profit.
- Assist Area Management with the forecasting of the annual budget.
- Develop and assist with training of staff to ensure development and personal growth.
- Implementing, execution and recording of legal documentation and training documentation relevant to each individual staff member.
- Conduct daily / weekly / monthly staff meetings which are to be timed and filed.
- Work closely with the central support team on local Human Resources initiatives.
- Assess and employ prospective Nandos employees in accordance with employment policies and procedures stated in the recruitment process.
- All marketing initiatives must comply with the Nandos marketing covenant to affectively position and build the Nando's brand from a local perspective.
- Implement and execute any regional initiative which forms part of the National calendar.
- Monitor and evaluate all local marketing initiatives.
- Attend monthly status meeting with local brand custodian.
- Work with your local marketing custodian in the implementation of regional marketing promotions.
- Support internal marketing initiatives.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Hands-on experience in a similar restaurant or hospitality environment;
- Strong work ethic;
- Great customer service and communication skills;
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic personality and a winning smile!
- Immaculate personal grooming and presentation;
- Experience managing GP and labour costs; and
- Working knowledge of OH&S and food safety procedures.
Culture & Benefits:
- The Nando's restaurant experience is a combination of our warm Portuguese hospitality; our heritage that is displayed with our story and visual elements featured throughout our restaurants and our unique flame-grilled PERi-PERi chicken;
- Progressive brand offering future career progression; and
- Team of great people following our values of Pride, Passion, Courage, Integrity and Family
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the Nando’s Family, Apply now by submitting your cover letter and resume to the following email address, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, It seems our ads are as popular as our chicken and due to the high volume of applications we receive - only successful candidates will be contacted.